Saturday, September 24, 2011

Looking at the Past, Thankful for the Present

Looking at the Past, Thankful for the Present 

I attended a friend's wedding tonight, and saw someone from my past love. That person was still handsome, well-dressed up and..seemed happy with his wife now. I was a bit dressed up cause I knew I somehow
gonna see him, of course we didn't exactly bump into each other tonight (thank God, or that's gonna be awkward!) and while standing there I kinda watched him from a far, and kept telling myself, "she was not that pretty".."I guessed when he sees me, he would dumbstruck at me"..ehm..that was just an awful thought, I mean..hello...I was treated badly by him, and now I'm gonna make him feel sorry cause he dumped me? You know what, that's not gonna happen..ever! Maybe because tonight was the first time again I saw him since 8 years, and the feeling of making him "see" me still there..but very little.Tonight is not the night where I feel that I need to revenge, no....it's just one of those moments where I sit back, looking at my past, and I knew where I belong ..here in the present and also time to think that..maybe if I rewind my past, i won't make a fool out of myself..by to easy to fall..and be a third wheel most of a time. I am living in present time, and glad to have my family. One of my best friends,Renna, just told me about her life being so flat and bored, and whats my opinion when I'm in the situation. I said I write, or imagining things, because our minds also control our happiness. It's a nice escape to imagine things (but still not ignore the present problem) because we can create "happy thoughts" and it will pick up our mood. She also said we just have to cherish the moment no matter how bad it is because regrets put you nowhere.and darn well I agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment