Saturday, October 30, 2010

FAN FICTION ADDICT

When you hear the word fan, what is the first thing that come up about that word? Obviously "a fan", or "a high appreciation" or maybe an "addict" of something or someone. There are always two sides of effect of this word "fan", the negative is you might be too intense on being a fan, and you do not clearly see yourself as a supportive fan, for example: a fan or should I say fanatic of Robert Pattinson (the guy who play Edward Cullen), maybe become a stalker of every film schedule/movie premiere he attends, or could threat him if he has a "girlfriend" because hoping that Robert would go out with her..it does happen you know, I read it in magazine!So that's clearly a negative "fan"..but there is one fan that I'm also into it, which I consider it is a positive thing...a fan fiction. I have read this fan fiction stories since I like Twilight movies, yeah my fan fiction story only pair Edward-Bella. And recently I love reading Smallville fan fiction, which paired Clark-Lois. Now, I've read in a few sites of this "fandom" thing, and they say that they create or write fan fiction because they want to know more about the characters or they are not satisfied with the story presented in the series. Well, no matter what the reason they have, I feel really grateful for these fan fiction writers because the writings are mostly quite well, I mean they could be script writers for the series they like. The fan fiction stories are really good, and I am not talking just about the writings, the plot, the characters, the dialogue are really amazing. I take my hat off for those fan fiction writers, and really they are talented writers, if some say that fan fiction writers or the readers are people who have no jobs, I mean get real people...you are wrong! These writers come from different level of background from all over the world, from Junior High writer to an English Teacher and to a Law student. They are taking writings and imagination to a different level. For me, there are no bad writings, people learn, make mistakes and try again. Because that's where I see myself, I like writing and I sure hope that people would appreciate my writings :).

PS: If you are interested in reading fan fiction, you can go to www.fanfiction.net, afterward you can choose the category of "fandom" that you like, whether it's a book (like Twilight), a TV series (like Smallville) or a movie (like Transformers and etc. If you're a fan of the characters and you wanna read more about the "other stories", please check out the website I mention above, I'm sure you'll gonna like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment