Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wannabe Writer

Everyone who knows me, would probably wondering why I suddenly take interest in writing. It's not a sudden ambition or interest, and I wouldn't dare saying that it's a natural talent. I'd say it's just something that I enjoy since I was in elementary level, sixth grade to be exact. It started with a diary from 6th grade until my college years and I think I owned 23 Diaries in total, in which I tore them apart when I got married. At that time I thought who needed a diary when you can talk personally to your loved one. I did write Diaries to empty my unspoken emotions, words about my daily life, family, friends, crushes, almost crushes, ex-boyfriend, and almost boyfriend. I also wrote poetry in high school,but mostly it's about love and heartbreaks ...lots of heart break. I have no idea why I wrote so much heart breaking poetry, maybe because years before I met my husband, I did get a lot of heart breaks. Then i also made short stories(cheesy teen flick) that were mostly about me and my dream crushes..hey, when you can't get a guy, you are legal enough to write about them...says, me :). Because I enjoy writing things that make me comfortable, I did not know that writing can be used as "money making". Nope, never explore that..Dang, if I knew that I like to write stories, at least I could have been a journalist or a writer now. But, there is never too late to do things. I'm gonna keep on writing, for stories I won't publish them in my blog, I would only keep them in my personal file, and when the time is right I would love to publish them or someone should hire me as children writer or script writer. Some writings in my blog are mostly about pop culture, or certain events that I need togive my opinion on. I do only write in English, because I major in English teaching and I do want my writing to be read not just by Indonesian. It is okay, that some people may seem hard to see me as a struggling writer, but as hard to believe it's also something that I just figure out, that it's not easy to be a writer, and I have lots of practice and study and to care what other people think about my writing, which is taking suggestions and critique. Well, you are fully welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment